About the position
Are you interested in having a key role in international business or arms sales? Defense Trade Solutions (DTS) is hiring! We have an opportunity for Consultants of varying levels to join our team. Keep reading if you want to learn more and make an immediate positive impact on our clients’ international business from policy to execution.
Who You Are:
- Professional with a strong interest in foreign policy and national security.
- Passionate about the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Arms Export Control Act (AECA), Security Cooperation or International Business.
- Desires solving complex problems with solutions that result in providing military technology to U.S. allies and partners in a legal and compliant manner.
- Self-starter who thrives in an environment that rewards creativity, ambition and integrity.
- An entrepreneur who wants to be involved in building a premier professional service consulting practice.
- Yearns to grow and be coached to achieve full potential.
- Craves the fast pace of a start-up environment.
- A positive team player with a “Yes, if” attitude that is always on the hunt for solutions.
- Values “Work-Life Harmony” through success and fulfillment within both your career and personal life.
What You Bring to DTS:
- 2+ years of relevant work experience specific to defense exports.
- Working knowledge of the ITAR and AECA.
- Experience building international trade compliance programs for aerospace or defense companies (prior ITAR Empowered Official preferred).
- Strong ability drafting and managing ITAR export licenses and agreements.
- Experience participating in and managing ITAR compliance audits and assessments.
- Ability to conduct self-classifications and commodity jurisdictions with technical rigor.
- Experience drafting and implementing enterprise-wide international trade compliance policies & procedures.
- Working knowledge of the Foreign Military Sales process from Letter of Request (LOR) to Letter of Offer & Acceptance (LOA).
- Working knowledge of Technology Security & Foreign Disclosure (TSFD) Release.
- Familiarity with social media and strategic communication strategies.
- Customer service and client management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and provide trainings to audiences at all levels (action officer to C-Suite) in a defense industry enterprise.
- Ability to hold and maintain a DoD Active Secret Security Clearance.