Nick Thorne, PhD.
“One-part licensing, one-part technology, and one huge part curious academic. The defense trade lies at the intersection of economics, political science, and military science, so being part of a team that understands, appreciates, and provides a holistic approach for their clients is beyond exciting.”
– Nick Thorne, Solutions Manager
Nick is an export authorization subject matter expert. He specializes in facilitating export authorization approvals and associated lifecycle management requirements for Direct Commercial Sales (DCS), Foreign Military Sales (FMS), and Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) licensing. This includes International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) exemptions, BIS exceptions, export licenses, export agreements, and export jurisdiction & classification support. His success is grounded in his interest in every aspect of the defense trade system and a clear understanding of weapon system capabilities and development.
- University of Arizona, Doctor of Philosophy in International Relations
- University of Arizona, Master of Arts in International Relations
- University of Tulsa, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- Superintendent of Research and Analysis, Tucson Police Department
- Senior Global Trade Analyst, Raytheon Missile Systems
- iPhone or Android? Android
- Iron Man or Captain America? Iron Man
- What superpower would you like to have? Experiencing the feelings of others